Friday, May 19, 2017

What Difference A Year Can Make


Greg and I spent May 18, 2016, our second wedding anniversary, at a surgical center. I was having a laparoscopy to definitively diagnose (after months of other tests) the cause of my fertility struggles. There was no fancy dinner, no fun adventure ... not even a shot at baby-making! Nope. Greg had a groggy and sore wife on his hands. Fast-forward a year and we're celebrating three years of marriage yesterday out in the sunshine, hand in hand, with so much joy in our hearts — for the hard road has led us somewhere wonderful, and where we always dreamed to be. So much can change in a year. In three years. We've experienced the lowest of lows and the highest of highs, and I know there will be many more twists and turns in the future -- that's married life, after all! But I wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else but my partner, my protector, my supporter, the love of my life and father of our baby-to-be.


P.S. Lovely wedding photos by heidi-o-photo

P.P.S. Today I am officially in my second trimester! I was hearing different things from various sources. When I hit 12 weeks my best friend, who has a baby, congratulated me on entering the second trimester. And I said, "well, thank you but I think I have to complete 12 weeks," because a few apps told me the start of 13 weeks was the beginning of the second trimester. And yet, I then found other apps/sources said 14 weeks. So confusing! But today marks 14 weeks so I am definitely, for sure, out of the first and into my second trimester.

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment